Standard individual membership is £45 per person, per year. This includes membership of England Athletics and Gledhow Sports & Social Club where we are based.
CAR do not make any profit on memberships and are committed to ensuring membership remains affordable for all. See below for information regarding exemptions such as retired membership, family membership and second claim membership.
NOTES REGARDING MEMBERSHIP
- When applying for membership, or renewing your membership, please complete the online form below in addition to paying your fees.
- The club do not make any profit on memberships. £15 of your fee goes to England Athletics for affiliation, and the remaining £30 goes to Gledhow Sports & Social Club where we are based.
- Please note GSSC membership is per household so families/ couples only need to pay the £30 GSSC fee once (so for example a couple living in the same house would pay £60 annually - £30 to GSSC & £15 each to EA).
- Runners are only eligible to run ‘First Claim’ with one club in the eyes of England Athletics. If you are a member of another club, or have previously been a member of another club you will need to either join CAR second claim or ‘resign’ from your old club and transfer to us. Joining second claim means CAR is your secondary club - you can train with CAR, but would race in the name of your first claim/ primary club. In order to resign from your old club you must complete a club transfer request with EA here. A small fee may be charged by EA to switch clubs.
- Our membership year runs from April to April. If you are joining mid way through the year unfortunately we are not able to offer pro-rated memberships as the club do not make any money from the fee - 100% of the fee goes to GSSC & EA who also operate an April to April membership year. Members who join from January will however receive membership until the following April (e.g. Those joining January 2020 onwards will have valid membership until April 2021).
- Payment of fees can be made via bank transfer to Account 43224856, Sort Code 20-48-42. Please give your name as the reference. Although not preferred, payment can also be made in cash or by cheque payable to ‘Chapel Allerton Runners’ and passed to Suzzi Garnett or Paul Hough (Membership Secretaries) or any CAR Committee Member.
- Full access to the club website, Facebook group and Strava group will be granted following receipt of membership fees.
|First Claim||Second Claim|
|Couple or same household membership||
|GSSC fees paid separately||£15.00||£5.00|